Haggis making demo with lunch
A unique Scottish lunch experience for groups
Visiting Scotland and never tasted haggis before? Or a local Scot wanting to know a little more about Scotland’s national dish? This unique Scottish lunch experience is for you.
Designed for groups and families, and set on a working sheep farm, discover everything there is to know about haggis including how to enjoy its unique flavours.
Join our guides on a working sheep farm and start with a tea or coffee and some Scottish shortbread.
- Experience a master class in Scottish haggis making.
- Learn about the origins of haggis and why it is so delicious.
- Enjoy a delicious meal of handmade haggis and traditional accompaniments.
(Vegetarian haggis option available as standard, vegan and gluten free options available by arrangement)
Our Haggis Making Demonstration with Lunch is full of banter as well as stories from history and folklore. Don’t just take our word for it, read what our customers say.
Any questions? Take a look at our FAQs
What you need to know:
Duration: 90 minutes
Location: Glenside Farm (Directions)
Minimum group size – 8 guests
The Haggis Making Demonstration will begin with a welcoming cup of tea or coffee, served with traditional Scottish shortbread, followed by a master class in haggis making
In the demo and lunch you will:
- Discover the origins of haggis and the ingredients that make it so delicious.
- Explore the spices that give haggis its unique flavour.
- Watch the making of a traditional haggis by a master Haggis Maker.
- Learn how to perfect the traditional accompaniments to haggis.
- Experience a little bit of life on a local sheep farm in the wilds of Scotland.
- We also include a brief understanding of why Haggis is intrinsically linked to Rabbie Burns, Scotland’s Bard.
Finish your experience with a generous lunch of fresh Scottish haggis and classic traditional accompaniments.
Traditional haggis and/or Macsween vegetarian haggis,
Steaming peppery swedes & creamy smooth mashed potatoes.
Every participant will receive a complimentary recipe pack & a souvenir Haggis Experience Certificate.
… would definitely do this again
… an absolute pleasure to meet Stephen and Lee
Warm homely welcome …
The Haggis Experience is a must
A holiday highlight
We booked it and it was so easy to do too, we arrived at Glenside farm lovely surroundings and we had a fantastic welcome from Stephen and his son Harry. From start to finish we was welcomed so well and the experience was magical. When tasting the finished product at the end - WOW it was so delicious I asked for more….lol.
Definitely worth a visit you won’t be disappointed, keep up the good work guys.
Chris & Lisa
Great activity for all ages
How to find Glenside Farm
Our address is Glenside Farm, Balfron, Stirling, G63 0RP, centrally located in Scotland and a pleasant drive from Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberfoyle. Click on the map below for directions:
How to book a group experience
It’s easy to book. Send us details about your group and preferred dates and we’ll get back to you.