Haggis Making Demonstration with Lunch
Duration : 2 hrs
Adult – £35
Children (3-12 years) – £20
Children 2 years and under free
18 guests max
If you’ve not tasted haggis before, or want to know a little more about Scotland’s national dish, you are in for a real treat. In this Haggis Making Demonstration with lunch, set on a working sheep farm, you will discover all that you need to know about haggis and how to enjoy its unique flavours.
Join us on a working sheep farm and start with a Tea or Coffee and some Scottish shortbread.
- Experience a master class in Scottish haggis making with an expert local chef
- Learn about the origins of haggis and why it is so delicious
- Enjoy a delicious meal of handmade haggis and traditional accompaniments
(Vegetarian and vegan haggis option available, by arrangement)
What to expect:
The Haggis Making Demonstration will begin with a welcoming cup of tea or coffee, served with traditional Scottish shortbread, followed by a master class in haggis making.
In the haggis master class you will:
- Discover origins of haggis and the ingredients that make it so delicious.
- Explore the spices that give Haggis its unique flavour.
- Watch the making of a traditional haggis by a master Haggis Maker
- Learn how to perfect the traditional accompaniments to Haggis.
- Experience a little bit of life on a local sheep farm in the wilds of Scotland
- We also include a brief understanding of why Haggis is intrinsically linked to Rabbie Burns, Scotland’s Bard.
Finish your experience with a generous lunch of fresh Scottish haggis and classic traditional accompaniments.
Traditional Haggis and/or Macsween Vegetarian Haggis,
Steaming Peppery swedes & Creamy smooth mashed potatoes
Every participant will receive a complimentary recipe pack & a souvenir Haggis Experience Certificate
… would definitely do this again
Anne, August 2019
… an absolute pleasure to meet Stephen and Lee
Gemma, August 2019
Warm homely welcome …
Dagma, Nov 2019