Make your own haggis followed by a 3-course meal
For private sessions and small groups of 6 upwards
Long before today’s chefs began celebrating the idea of ‘nose-to-tail eating’, Scots were putting it into practice. You can too during this Master Haggis Making workshop when you will make your own traditional Scottish haggis and discover all you need to know about haggis to enjoy its unique flavours.
- Make your own unique haggis with guidance from a master Haggis Maker.
- Learn how to prepare the accompaniments served with a traditional Scottish meal.
- Enjoy a 3 course meal with fellow foodies drawing together a delicious selection of locally sourced ingredients.
Every participant will receive a complimentary recipe pack & a souvenir Haggis Experience Certificate
What to expect:
Duration: 2.5 hours
Location: Glenside Farm (Directions)
Minimum group size – 6 guests
This Haggis Making Master Class is an active, fun-filled 3 hours when you will get stuck into making and tasting Scottish haggis.
Expertly guided by a Master Haggis maker and local guide, you will:
- Discover the origins of haggis and the ingredients that make it so delicious.
- Explore the spices that give Haggis its unique flavour.
- Blend your own spice mix and use them to create your own haggis.
- Watch the making of a traditional haggis by a master Haggis Maker.
- Make your own unique haggis.
- While we cook your haggis, learn how to perfect the traditional accompaniments to haggis.
- Watch as we prepare a boozy whisky cream to accompany your haggis.
- Then let us take you on an entertaining introduction to the mythical haggis.
At the end of the class, sit down with fellow haggis cooks and enjoy a 3 course meal made with locally sourced ingredients
Classic Scotch Broth
Hearty Scottish traditional meat & vegetable soup (vegetarian option available)
The main event:
Traditional haggis and/or Macsween vegetarian haggis, served with steaming peppery swedes & creamy smooth mashed potatoes
Traditional Scottish cranachan, a delicious dessert made with Scottish cream, raspberries, oats & whisky
Every participant will receive a complimentary recipe pack & a souvenir Haggis Master Certificate.
… the perfect Scottish experience for my French boyfriend
Wow! … one of my all time favourite things
I was happily surprised! Stephen (our incredibly kind-hearted, knowledgeable, and welcoming chef/historian/host) provided an exciting new appreciation for Scotland’s celebrated dish. From the tour of the farm to the haggis history and demonstration to the exquisite tasting, I enjoyed every moment. You’ll laugh, you’ll eat, you’ll learn - what more could you ask for? Thank you Stephen for your warm welcome and hospitality!
And, of course, for the amazing meal.
Will recommend 10/10! (I highly encourage Haggis Experience attendees to plan out travel before day of event! Opt for bus (stops in Balfron) or by personal/rental car)
How to find Glenside Farm
Our address is Glenside Farm, Balfron, Stirling, G63 0RP, centrally located in Scotland and a pleasant drive from Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberfoyle. Click on the map below for directions: