Chieftain Haggis Making Demonstration with Dinner
Duration: 2.5 hrs
Location: Glenside Farm (Directions)
Adult – £44
Children (3-12 years) – £32
Children 2 years and under free
Maximum number of guests: 18 (no minimum)
If you have always wanted to discover the truth about haggis whilst visiting Scotland, you are in for a real treat. In this Chieftain Haggis Making Experience, set on a working sheep farm, you will discover all that you need to know about haggis and how to enjoy it as part of a traditional Scottish meal.
- Experience a master class in Scottish haggis making.
- Learn about the origins of haggis and why it is so delicious.
- Enjoy a generous 2 course meal of handmade haggis, traditional accompaniments and a fresh dessert.
(Vegetarian haggis option available as standard. Vegan and gluten free options available by arrangement)
Every participant receives a complimentary recipe pack & a souvenir Haggis Experience Certificate.
What to expect:
The Haggis Making Gathering will begin with a welcoming cup of tea or coffee, served with traditional Scottish shortbread, followed by a master class in haggis making.
During the master class you will:
- Discover the origins of haggis and the ingredients that make it so delicious.
- Explore the spices that give haggis its unique flavour.
- Watch the making of a traditional haggis by a master Haggis Maker.
- Learn how to perfect the traditional accompaniments to haggis.
- Experience a little bit of life on a local sheep farm in the wilds of Scotland.
- We also include a brief understanding of why haggis is intrinsically linked to Rabbie Burns, Scotland’s Bard.
After the Haggis Master Class, sit down to enjoy a relaxed 2 course Scottish menu including handmade haggis and traditional accompaniments.
Traditional haggis and/or Macsween vegetarian haggis, served with steaming peppery swedes & creamy smooth mashed potatoes
Traditional Scottish cranachan, a delicious dessert made with Scottish cream, raspberries, oats & whisky
… fun, enlightening, delicious and worth every penny
Wow! … one of my all time favourite things
I was happily surprised! Stephen (our incredibly kind-hearted, knowledgeable, and welcoming chef/historian/host) provided an exciting new appreciation for Scotland’s celebrated dish. From the tour of the farm to the haggis history and demonstration to the exquisite tasting, I enjoyed every moment. You’ll laugh, you’ll eat, you’ll learn - what more could you ask for? Thank you Stephen for your warm welcome and hospitality!
And, of course, for the amazing meal.
Will recommend 10/10! (I highly encourage Haggis Experience attendees to plan out travel before day of event! Opt for bus (stops in Balfron) or by personal/rental car)
How to find Glenside Farm
Our address is Glenside Farm, Balfron, Stirling, G63 0RP, centrally located in Scotland and a pleasant drive from Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberfoyle. Click on the map below for directions: