Chieftain haggis making demonstration with dinner
Daily at 5:00 pm
Duration : 2.5 hrs
Adult – £44
Children (3-12 years) – £30
Children 2 years and under free
18 guests max
If you have always wanted to discover the truth about haggis whilst visiting Scotland, you are in for a real treat. In this Chieftain Haggis Making Experience, set on a working sheep farm, you will discover all that you need to know about haggis and how to enjoy it as part of a traditional Scottish meal.
- Experience a master class in Scottish haggis making with an expert local chef
- Learn about the origins of haggis and why it is so delicious
- Enjoy a generous 2-course meal of handmade haggis, traditional accompaniments and a fresh dessert.
(Vegetarian and vegan haggis option available, by arrangement)
Every participant receives a complimentary recipe pack & a souvenir Haggis Experience Certificate
What to expect:
The Haggis Making Gathering will begin with a welcoming cup of tea or coffee, served with traditional Scottish shortbread, followed by a master class in haggis making.
During the master class you will:
- Discover origins of haggis and the ingredients that make it so delicious.
- Explore the spices that give Haggis its unique flavour.
- Watch the making of a traditional haggis by a master Haggis Maker
- Learn how to perfect the traditional accompaniments to Haggis.
- Experience a little bit of life on a local sheep farm in the wilds of Scotland
- We also include a brief understanding of why Haggis is intrinsically linked to Rabbie Burns, Scotland’s Bard.
After the haggis master class, sit down to enjoy a relaxed 2-course Scottish menu including handmade haggis and traditional accompaniments
Traditional Haggis and/or Macsween Vegetarian Haggis,
Steaming Peppery swedes & Creamy smooth mashed potatoes
Traditional Scottish Cranachan
Delicious dessert made with Scottish cream, raspberries, oats & whisky
… fun, enlightening, delicious and worth every penny
Lester, September 2019
Wow! … one of my all time favourite things
I was happily surprised! Stephen (our incredibly kind-hearted, knowledgeable, and welcoming chef/historian/host) provided an exciting new appreciation for Scotland’s celebrated dish. From the tour of the farm to the haggis history and demonstration to the exquisite tasting, I enjoyed every moment. You’ll laugh, you’ll eat, you’ll learn - what more could you ask for? Thank you Stephen for your warm welcome and hospitality!
And, of course, for the amazing meal.
Will recommend 10/10! (I highly encourage Haggis Experience attendees to plan out travel before day of event! Opt for bus (stops in Balfron) or by personal/rental car)
Parker, November 2019